I’m an elected member of the Waipapa/Papanui-Innes Community Board.
I live and work in the Papanui Ward in Christchurch, New Zealand. I’m the founder and curator of the Think Papanui community engagement initiative, and work for a Papanui-based youth and community development organisation.
My community service includes:
- Founder and curator of the Think Papanui
- Eight years (so far) working for a youth and community development organisation with a long history in Papanui
- Papanui Baptist Church Freedom Trust (Trustee)
- Casebrook Intermediate School Board of Trustees (seven years total, two years as chair)
- Papanui Youth Development Trust (Volunteer)
- Papanui High School Young Enterprise Scheme (Mentor)
- Pillars – a charity working to support children of prisoners across New Zealand (Board member, Board president)
- Vodafone Foundation World of Difference recipient, working on a transitional youth employment project
- Canterbury University NGO Leadership Development Programme (participant)
- Canterbury University Leading Collaborative Partnerships Programme (participant)
- Shirley-Papanui and Papanui-Innes community leadership forums (participant)
I value a connected community that cares for all of its members, and am passionate about making a contribution.
Please contact me if there is anything you would like to ask or discuss.
See Simon’s blog.